Image Credit @ https://yateks.com/what-is-nondestructive-testing/
Today, in this article, we will discuss SNT-TC-1A NDT certification programs. Read the entire blog to know in detail!
So, when it comes to SNT-TC-1A NDT certification programs, they are certainly classified into two major types, and they are as follows:
- Employer-based programs
- Central certification programs.
SNT-TC-1A is an employer-based program in which employers can create, witness, and rate their own qualification tests. In a completely employer-based system, an individual's certification is terminated when the person steps out of the company. In simple words, SNT-TC-1A is not referred to as a specification. Rather than a specification, it can be defined as a set of recommendations or guidelines that let you learn about the path to establish and perform non-destructive testing or PdM, i.e., predictive maintenance personnel qualification & certification programs.
There are three main requirements in SNT-TC-1A that is mandatory to be fulfilled:
1. The employer must be prepared with a written procedure or practice to qualify and certify the organization's NDT personnel and be completely responsible for personnel certifications. This specific document must be on paper and authorized by the employer’s Level III.
2. Personnel certification must be certified as per the terms & conditions mentioned in SNT-TC-1A and is withdrawn when employment is discontinued.
3. Lastly, the employer must be able to alter SNT-TC-1A as & when needed to ensure the certification & qualification & needs are acceptable for the NDT tasks that the employees of the organization will perform. Also, one needs to remember that the medications can be altered. Still, it should not remove the basic provisions of the training program, such as testing, experience, and recertification. For modification, the supporting technical rationale of comprehensive recommendations must be delivered in an Annex to the written exercise.
Now, after the employer has approved or authorized the written practice, it becomes a procedural requirement and must be completely followed or complied with! By relying on who is the customer of the employer, it might require that the written practice has to be approved by the consumer.
Talking about the SNT-TC-1A committee is totally responsible for retaining SNT-TC-1A under the guidance and direction of the Standards Council. The responsibilities of the SNT-TC-1A committee encompass — (a) maintaining a panel that directly addresses the requests for interpretation of SNT-TC-1A, (b) operating with the ASNT Technical and Education Council procedure committees in order to integrate any type of changes, and (c) analyzing different inquiries that are related to SNT-TC-1A to specify if an action is needed for the upcoming revision.
Interpretation Of SNT-TC-1A — Explained
In the SNT-TC-1A committee, there is a committed panel of different individuals that are there to address all the interpretations. And whenever the ISC gets an interpretation request for SNT-TC-1A, the ISC staff will have to analyze it to specify if an interpretation has been submitted earlier or not. If this is not the case, the data is logged and moved forward to the interpretation group to evaluate and suggest a mandatory action. Next, this recommendation is forwarded or sent out to the committee of SNT-TC-1A for voting. After that, the ISC will convey the valuable response to the interpretation developer. Relying on the result of the interpretation, it might be stated as extremely significant to provide an alteration to SNT-TC-1A as an outcome of the interpretation.
The Three Levels of Qualification In SNT TC - 1A
SNT TC-1A specifies three main levels of qualification, and each one of them is equipped with additional tasks & responsibilities than the last one. If you move from one level to another, you will find out that it is based on an integration of experience, education, training programs, and qualifying examinations. Each & every person at all three levels manages to require recertification every five years.
Now, let's read about the three levels of qualification in SNT TC - 1A:
- Level I: In the first level, responsibilities are there, but the level I practitioners are solely skilled or qualified to conduct certain examinations, evaluations, and calibration, with certain written instructions.
- Level II: Speaking of level II, practitioners tend to attain additional duties & responsibilities and are totally skilled & qualified to establish and calibrate tools to interpret and analyze the outcomes of the detections. Level II practitioners are also needed to be able to formulate written instructions, deliver on-the-job training programs, and notice inspection outcomes.
- Level III: At last, in Level III, where the practitioners have the capability of establishing methods, interpreting codes, and formulating examination methods and techniques to be utilized. Individuals at Level III can also train and evaluate technicians at Levels I and II for certification.
We hope this article has helped you know about the "SNT-TC-1A - Personnel Qualification and Certification in Nondestructive Testing". However, to know more about non-destructive testing and its various methods, visit OneStopNDT, where you can get every detail related to NDT. Also, if you have any doubts or queries, contact us anytime!