NVI Nondestructive & Visual Inspection
As a Welding Inspector, your role is pivotal in ensuring the adherence of welding practices to specified standards and procedures.
Posted 53 day ago
As a Welding Inspector, your role is pivotal in ensuring the adherence of welding practices to specified standards and procedures. Your responsibilities include verifying welding materials, equipment, and procedures, overseeing qualification tests, and providing visual inspection to ensure the quality and safety of welding processes.
- Verify the conformity of base materials and consumable welding materials with welding specifications.
- Ensure welding filler metals are used to match the specifications for each base material or combination.
- Verify that welding equipment is suitable for the work, aligning with welding procedures and requirements.
- Confirm welding procedures are in line with specifications and are qualified, and that welding is executed per applicable procedures.
- Witness and supervise procedure qualification test performances and testing, whether done in-house or by external agencies.
- Verify and document procedure qualification test results.
- Ensure welders, welding operators, and tack welders are qualified as per standards and are authorized to use specified welding procedures.
- Confirm and document performance qualification test results.
- Provide Visual Inspection to certify welding according to qualified welding procedures.
- Undertake any other Inspection responsibilities deemed necessary by the Company.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector certificate.
- Valid U.S. driver's license and the ability to pass a Motor Vehicle History Evaluation.
- Able to pass an FBI background verification by Company's Increased Controls program.
- Knowledgeable about OSHA's General and Construction safety regulations.
- Preferred Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) experience with documented project history and references.
- Familiarity with welding processes such as SMAW, SAW, GTAW, FCAW, and GMAW.
- Experience with welding codes such as ASME and API 1104.
- Familiarity with basic Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) methods like RT, MT, PT, UT, and VT.
- Holiday pay.
- Paid Vacation.
- Traditional 401K Retirement Plan & Company Match.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short & Long Disability Insurance.
Join Our Team:
As a Welding Inspector, your attention to detail, adherence to standards, and experience in welding processes are pivotal to our commitment to quality and safety. Benefit from competitive company benefits, professional growth opportunities, and a supportive work environment. Your dedication to maintaining high-quality welding practices aligns with our mission to deliver excellence.