NDT Inspector Level II
As an NDT Inspector II, you will be responsible for ensuring the functional and acceptable status of non-destructive test equipment, conducting non-destructive tests on parts and components, and interpreting test results.
Posted 56 day ago
As an NDT Inspector II, you will be responsible for ensuring the functional and acceptable status of nondestructive test equipment, conducting non-destructive tests on parts and components, and interpreting test results. Your expertise in recognizing and understanding flight/product safety critical parts and processes will be essential in ensuring the highest standards of safety and quality. Join our team and make a meaningful impact on the aerospace industry while enjoying opportunities for continuous learning and career growth.
- Equipment Management: Ensure the functional and acceptable status of nondestructive test equipment, following the appropriate company process.
- Surface Condition Assessment: Determine the acceptance of parts and components for the non-destructive test process, preparing them accordingly.
- Non-Destructive Testing: Conduct specific non-destructive test processes as per the shop order work instruction.
- Process Compliance: Process parts by company procedures, adhering to established guidelines.
- Test Results Interpretation: Inspect and interpret test results, marking all unacceptable discontinuities for location and dimension.
- Documentation: Document the completion and test results of non-destructive test processes accurately.
- Part Cleanliness: Ensure parts are appropriately cleaned following the completion of NDT processes and are in acceptable condition for further processing.
- Equipment Maintenance: Perform equipment and material maintenance checks according to the appropriate company process, maintaining detailed records.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with engineering, inspection, and other personnel to research and solve non-destructive test process problems.
- Qualification Maintenance: Maintain personal qualifications as specified in the company's processes.
- Trainee Supervision: Supervise trainees in the on-the-job training (OJT) non-destructive test training requirements.
- Continuous Improvement: Actively participate in the continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Cross-Training: Seek endorsements for complementary skills to support production requirements and move between assignments as needed.
- Canadian Government Standards Board (CGSB) - Can/CGSB-48.9712 Option B, Level 2 or 3 certification.
- Knowledge of inherent and non-inherent discontinuities found in materials.
- Understanding of handling requirements for materials processed at Standard Aero.
- Familiarity with Workplace Health & Safety requirements.
- Ability to attain internal non-destructive test process approval.
- Proficiency in technical writing and documentation.
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average workday.
- Regularly required to sit and stand for prolonged periods.
- Familiarity with production management computer systems and other related internal control systems.
- Minimum education is equivalent to high school completion or equivalent with specialized training.
- 1-3 years of directly/indirectly related work experience representing continuous learning and necessary skills for the job.
Join Our Team:
As an NDT Inspector II, your skills and expertise will contribute to the safety and quality of our products. We encourage continuous learning and provide opportunities for career growth. Join our team and make a meaningful impact on the aerospace industry while enjoying a comprehensive benefits package and a positive work environment.