As a Construction Materials Technician at Engineering Consulting Services Conduct field observations and obtain samples for testing Document field observations.
Posted 19 day ago
As a Construction Materials Technician at Engineering Consulting Services (ECS), you will be responsible for performing field observations, obtaining samples, and conducting testing on construction materials. You will document your findings in daily field reports and perform administrative duties as required. In addition, you will be required to perform observations of structural steel and reinforcing steel, including welded or bolted connections in the field, and may also perform steel or concrete plant inspections. You may be required to work at heights and communicate daily with site contractors, other technicians, and project managers.
- Conduct field observations and obtain samples for testing
- Document field observations by transmitting daily field reports detailing site activities
- Perform destructive and non-destructive testing on construction materials, including operating electric, pneumatic and power actuated tools, performing ground penetrating radar (GPR) structural surveys, pavement condition surveys, and concrete sawing, coring, and chipping
- Perform observations of structural steel and reinforcing steel, including welded or bolted connections in the field
- Perform steel or concrete plant inspections, if required
- Observe exterior insulation finishing systems (EIFS), waterproofing, roofing, or window assemblies if required
- Perform administrative duties as requested
- High School diploma or GED
- 5+ years of experience in construction materials testing
- ICC Steel/High Strength Bolt certification or AWS Certified Welding Inspector certification
- Ability to carry 40 – 70 lbs multiple times a day or occasionally lift 85 lbs to waist height
- Must have suitable transportation for use on job sites – Mileage will be reimbursed
- Sound understanding of building construction practices
ECS will train candidates in their methodology to perform observations, inspections, and tests of building construction projects and to document findings in accordance with accepted engineering practice. As experience increases, ECS will encourage and aid technicians in increasing their level of competence and skills through internal training programs and external programs of certification provided by ACI, ASNT, AWS, ICC, MARTCP, NICET, NRCA, RCI, State DOT, WACEL, and others, as appropriate.
ECS provides great benefits to their employees, including paid time off, health and other insurance plans, retirement and college savings plans, and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
ECS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, meaning that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Continue with Google
By continuing, you agree to OnestopNDT's