PCN PAUT/TOFD Technician
Metalogic Inspection Services
Posted 6 day ago
Metalogic Inspection Services Inc. is currently recruiting PCN Certified Phased Array (PAUT) / TOFD technicians for a project-based work. This position ensures effective safe execution of work to minimize cost, drive productivity, and maximize quality assurance and to promote a high level of customer satisfaction in accordance with expectations and goals of Metalogic Inspection Services.
Current location of work is in Kitimat, BC, and the term of employment is a project based position with a duration in excess of 18 months.
This position is safety sensitive and will require drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities
The PAUT/TOFD Technician performs some or all the following duties:
- Provides support on small as well as large scale projects.
- Prepares and completes all necessary paperwork required in compliance with client, industry, and company standards and policies.
- Replenishes and organizes the required supplies, as needed, to perform assigned NDT methods.
- Responsible for cleanliness of all work areas and vehicles. Observes test procedures and product compliance to learn internal and industry specifications; applying knowledge and skill learned based on Level II certifications.
- Observes and learns the procedures required to perform work and to gain certification in the required NDT methods.
- Observes and learns proper documentation and reporting processes required for NDT in accordance with relevant industry codes, standards, and procedures.
- Actively promotes and proactively models the company’s focus on safety when interacting with all current and future employees and clients.
- Strong commitment to quality inspection and reporting.
- Is responsible for visibly and consistently establishing safety as a priority.
- Keeps current with industrial, technological, and legislative changes.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- High School Diploma or Canadian General Equivalency Diploma, (GED).
- PCN PAUT/TOFD certification
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be flexible to travel.
- Must possess valid Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry, CSTS 2020/CSO, First Aid Level 3 and H2S Alive. If technician does not have these upon hire, Metalogic can assist in having these completed prior to mobilization on site.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of NDT techniques, services, and procedures.
- Fundamental understanding of industry codes, regulations, and practices.
- Ability to operate NDT equipment including setup and tear down.
- Ability to read technical documents and procedures and apply them in the field.
- Excellent report writing and review skills.
- Excellent customer service focus, ability to quickly build strong working relationships with business partners and colleagues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills matched with the ability to negotiate and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to a high-pressure and high production environment while managing competing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize, solve problems, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Focused on continuous improvement and committed to learning new practices and developing better ways of doing things.
- A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, excellent organizational and analytical skills, pragmatic, eager to learn.
- Ability to excel in a team environment.
- Sound analytical thinking, problem solving, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Ability to multi-task, effectively manage time and adapt to work in a fast paced environment and manage projects with conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to efficiently coordinate workings with internal and external workers of the company.
- Proficiency in computer systems/software. Word, Excel, etc.
- Field environment, traveling to multiple work locations.
- Project specific rotational work schedule.
- Often requiring work on evenings and weekends, based on project scope and volume of work.
- Trained, as necessary for site access, in client specific safety protocols.
- Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials in various working environments.
Varied working conditions based on project location, conditions may include:
- work in and/or out of doors.
- work in temperature extremes, hot/cold, wet/humid, dry/arid, and inclement climates.
- walking on slippery or uneven surfaces.
- occasionally exposed to noisy/loud environments.
Compensation & Additional Information
- Starting at $46.90 Hourly with yearly increased in line with the Quality Control Council of Canada (QCC) Collective agreement.
- Overtime eligible (As per collective agreement)
- Extended Health Care Benefits (As per collective agreement)
- Project based full time
- Starts: ASAP
- 10 vacancies
- Language – English
Equal Opportunities Statement
Metalogic Inspection Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to treating all employees and job applicants equally in all aspects and providing an environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Metalogic are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Metalogic will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Metalogic encourages applicants of all ages.” As an employer committed to employment equity, we encourage members of all equity-seeking groups to self-identify during the application process.
Continue with Google
By continuing, you agree to OnestopNDT's