SONOCHEK is a digital ultrasonic testing device to detect inaudible waves and frequencies in the air or in a metal machine frame. It is primarily used to detect leaks in any industrial air and gas pressure pipes and vacuum systems. Leaks of compressed air and gas systems in particular can be very costly because more energy needs to be produced to compensate for the loss.
Its detecting range reaches from 20 up to 100 kHz. These frequencies are inaudible to human ears, but SONOCHEK can detect them and make them audible and visible, while specifying the leak and evaluating the total amount of loss, all of which can be combined in a full report. An integrated camera and microphone enable the engineer to comment on his findings and refine the final report.
SONOCHEK comes with two apps for the detection and analysis of leaks and other anomalies:
- SONOLEVEL: Pipe leak detection, electrical inspection, steam trap inspection, machine condition monitoring
- SONOLEAK: Automatic leak analysis and evaluation of the amount of loss caused by the leakage according to five different rating levels.
High-performance airborne and structure-borne sensors and accessories are available in various product configurations. For package information, please contact us.
- Airborne sound sensor DBS10 with 3 different horns: Find and evaluate leaks in pipes and at windows, doors, etc. Detect electrical partial discharge and insulation damage
- Structure-borne and temperature sensor DBS20 with magnet adapter and 150 mm waveguide (optional): Monitoring of ultrasound emitted by rotating machine parts e.g. bearings, monitoring of lubrication states, functional check of condensate drains and valves
- Parabolic long-range sensor DBS30 (optional): Leak detection from a distance of up to 25 meters
- Ultrasound emitter DBT10 (optional): Air tightness checks on windows, doors and containers. Also used in shipbuilding and aircraft construction, road and rail vehicles. The intensity of the signal can be adjusted depending on the environmental sound level.